Openoffice Base

neil woolford lists at neilwoolford.plus.com
Tue Nov 22 10:41:33 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 15:57 -0800, John Landahl wrote:
> neil woolford wrote:
> > So unless there are really key bugfixes in OpenOffice.org 1.9 129 that
> > would benefit the majority of users, it shouldn't be messed with.  We
> > database users could likely benefit from the availability of 2.0.1
> > though.
>
> Does that mean that 1.9.129 is considered usable and stable?  I've tried to
> use both Writer and Impress and have had them crash when I try to save a
> document.  In other words, 1.9.129 is unusable for me.

Works for me...  Writer is fine on my setup, so is calc.  I don't use
impress, except to view the occasional bit of rubbish that I'm sent as a
presentation.  The database and form creation wizards seem to have the
odd rough edge though, and this was borne out by looking at the
OpenOffice.org website and forums.

I think 1.9.129 is classed as a late beta but it should be stable for
work.  I don't know where you'd go for a definitive answer to this
though.

Neil