File Roller extracting rar archives

Tim Frost timfrost at xtra.co.nz
Tue Nov 22 03:28:48 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 21:22 -0500, Dennis Shaw wrote:
> Can someone post the url to the non-free repo? I'm using Kubuntu Breezy
> with Adept and there are no non-free repos in the sources.list.
>
> I'm trying to get unrar to work also with no luck. unrar-free does not work!
>
> Thanks,
> Dennis

unrar-free is in universe.
The non-free packages are in the section called multiverse

So I have:
deb http://nz.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy universe main restricted
multiverse

(Note that I am in New Zealand, so use that repository, so your location
will vary according to your preferred repository).

In synaptic, highlight your main repository, click edit and add
multiverse to the list of sections. (Or click "Add" and check "non-free
(multiverse)").

Hope this helps.

Tim