.snp wtf!

Tony Ayre localzuk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 17:36:00 UTC 2005

Why is it a 'special' way of doing something. Every file can be saved
as a txt file - if you don't need graphics. But the computer world has
moved past that and now we are looking for files that can be read by
everyone AND keep the formatting and style that is wanted by the
sender. The pdf is a very useful filetype in that it is now pretty
standard across the board.

Localzuk

On 21/11/05, Carlton Noles <carlton.noles at gmail.com> wrote:
> PDF another "'special' way of doing something that shouldn't be done a
> 'special' way"
>
>  Just sayin.
>

> On 11/21/05, Sarangan Thuraisingham
> <sarangan.thuraisingham at gmail.com> wrote:
> > neil woolford wrote:
> > > One of my brother's suppliers has just sent him a quote as an email
> > > attachment in .snp format.  That is Microsoft Access Snapshot format, a
> > > 'special' way of doing something that shouldn't be done a 'special'
> > > way...
> > >
> > [...]
> > >
> > > Are there any ways of opening these pernicious files on a Linux system?
> > >
> > > Neil
> > >

> > You could ask the supplier to send the file as a PDF. The latest
> > versions of Microsoft Office Suite allows exporting to PDF.
> > --
> > Regards,
> >   - Saru
> > ------------------------------------
> > Sarangan Thuraisingham
> > ECS, University of Southampton, UK
> >
> >     Tux is the Best
> >    Next is the Rest

> Carlton "Kermit" Noles

Tony Ayre
tony at localz.co.uk
--
Localz, 40 Pinfold Lane, Skerton, Lancaster, Lancashire. UK. LA1 2BJ
Phone: 01524 311191