How to kickstart from floppy?

Tim Jackson tim.jackson at ints.com
Mon Nov 21 17:03:26 UTC 2005

I am doing the cfg from the system-config-kickstart gui and the cfg it
creates looks pretty much identical to the way it did with RedHat.
Maybe I am doing something wrong.   It seems like the clearpart is not
being doing.  The partitioner is coming up with the existing partition
structure and I then have to go through and name mount points and format
each partition and then it never goes back to the load the rest of the
cfg. Here is the partitioning part of my cfg

#System bootloader configuration
bootloader --location=mbr
#Clear the Master Boot Record
zerombr yes
#Partition clearing information
clearpart --all --initlabel
#Disk partitioning information
part /boot --fstype ext3 --size 150 --asprimary
part swap --recommended --asprimary
part / --fstype ext3 --size 4000 --asprimary
part /usr --fstype ext3 --size 4000
part /home --fstype ext3 --size 4000
part /opt --fstype ext3 --size 20000
part /var --fstype ext3 --size 2000
part /tmp --fstype ext3 --size 2000
part /recovery --fstype ext3 --size 1 --grow

--
TIM JACKSON
Senior Programmer/Analyst
tim.jackson at ints.com