ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 15, Issue 244

Remus Boara rem at eclipsedesign.net
Mon Nov 21 09:35:55 UTC 2005

Regarding Firefox 1.0.7 webpages rendering issue is mostly about how FF
renders CSS padding and margin elements and also form inputs like submit
button. These are misplaced  or with higher values than intended. I
first wrote on Mozilla Firefox support forum but they doesn't seem to
care a lot and didn't answered at all.

I am a web designer / developer and at least for me the transition from
Windows to Ubuntu Linux as intended could be faulty as the only wide
spread reliable web browser, as an included tool within this distro
doesn't show what it should be showing. Even buggy IE6 running with Wine
on Breezy works better from this point of view and is rendering  styles
not differently  than  under Windows. So as far as I'm concerned this is
a very serious thing.

I was wondering, is this a common behavior on Linux or is it just a
Breezy issue or maybe it might be Gnome?
Was it anybody else out there on Breezy reporting the same bug?

Thanks once again.