Xen?

Matt Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Sat Nov 19 04:49:56 UTC 2005

On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 12:18:28PM -0700, Scott wrote:
> Jean-Eric wrote:
> > Hi,
> > What about Xen in Ubuntu? I was unable to find it (precompiled) anywhere
> > while it's in debian (misc?) since some time.
> > Is there a licensing problem?
> > -jec
> >

> I dunn0 but your timing is impeccible.   I just got through reading an
> article on installing it.
>
> http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_xen_setup_debian_ubuntu

* I'd certainly be using LVM instead of pseudo-block devices in my "perfect"
	Xen setup.  In fact, I do.  Mmm mmm, dynamic resize.

* Those dd commands on page 3 are very wasteful of disk space -- sparse
	filesystems are much, much happier on your HDD.

On the upside, that howto does a decent job of enumerating the steps
involved, so it's worth looking at -- just don't consider it Gospel.

- Matt