Thunderbird + Antivirus

Mehdi Hassanpour mehdi.public at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 17:09:25 UTC 2005

Do you any how-to for using `fetchmail + clamav + TB' ?
As I see this should be the easiest way for people doesn't have protected
mail servers...
when I scan my `.thunderbird' folder for viruses and if I set the clamscan
to remove the infected mail it will remove my whole mail box, becaz all
emails are in a file called `Inbox' ;(

On 11/18/05, 'Forum Post <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org> wrote:

> Thanks for the correction, I wasn't really familiar with GUIs for
> clamav.
>
> Also didn't know you could use fetchmail with TB, but why not, right?
>
> Of course it is another step for setting up emails, but since you
> shouldn't have to do that very often, not a big inconvenience. (Of
> course, the less tech savvy people are going to moan about it. :D)
>

> --
> kperkins

Yours Sincerely, Mehdi Hassanpour
http://ImPersian.com

/* Of one Essence is the human race,
Thusly has Creation put the Base;
One Limb impacted is sufficient,
For all Others to feel the Mace. ~Saadi (persian poet) -1258 */