Install HP Photosmart 2610 All - in - one

Betti Ann & Preston Smith prsmith at ca.inter.net
Fri Nov 18 17:08:45 GMT 2005

I asked this on the Kubuntu group and got no reply. Also i am thinking
of moving to Ubuntu to see how I feel about using Gnome

The frustration factor is getting to me

The Kubuntu 5.10 documentation tells me that the HP Photosmart 2600
Series has support out of the box for both the scanner and printer
segments of the device.

Well - it may have but this poor newby has seen nothing that intuitively
tells me how to install the required support

Can someone point me to a guide in clear English that tells me how to go
about installing the 2610 as a network device on a home LAN on Breezy
5.10?  I am not computer illiterate by any stretch of the imagination
but the techno babble in many of the articles relating to installing
printers is of absolutely no help me because I do not understand it.
Even the printer install wizard is difficult to follow and makes no
mention of installing the scanner portion.

Help please!

Thanks

Preston