Samba - add network users?

Scott angrykeyboarder at angrykeyboarder.com
Fri Nov 18 15:21:21 UTC 2005

I'm reading the Ubuntu FAQ (specifically the
http://help.ubuntu.com/starterguide/C/ch07.html#addeditdeletenetworkusers
section) as I'm trying to get Samba up and running.

I don't what is meant by "network user" in this instance. I also don't
know what is meant by "system_username" in example 2, ii.

On a related note, my goal is to connect my box to another one I have
here on my tiny home network. That box only runs Windows XP Home.   It
was quite an easy affair connecting both when both are running Windows
and no passwords were involved.

Is there a similar way with Samba?

Thanks.

Regards,