Ubuntu LTSP and Screen Resolution

Al Gordon runlevel7 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 04:09:50 UTC 2005

On 11/16/05, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> hi,
> On Mi, 2005-11-16 at 15:20 -0500, Al Gordon wrote:
> > Resolution app is no help.  It only displays the one resolution
> > (640x480 at 60Hz).
> >
> > The server for this setup is my desktop PC - a P4 w/ 2GB RAM and an
> > nVidia GeForce FX 5900 Ultra.  The clients are 700MHz PIII's w/ 128MB
> > RAM and a 16MB Voodoo3 card.
> looks like the videocard detection for your voodo3 card fails ...
> you could try to set the X_HORZSYNC and X_VERTREFRESH options to force a
> resolution or your could try a manually created xorg.conf with the
> XF86CONFIG_FILE parameter.
>
> see: http://wiki.edubuntu.org/EdubuntuLtsConfParams (the implementations
> of ubuntu and edubuntu ltsp are identical)
>
> ciao
>         oli

Thanks, oli.  That may be the documentation I need.  I was trying to
use some of the not-yet-implemented parameters, like X_MODE_0 and
X_COLOR_DEPTH.  As you say, it looks like my best bet is with
X_VERTREFRESH and X_HORZSYNC, and mabe XF86CONFIG_FILE.

I'll try those tomorrow morning, when I get back into the office.  Thanks.

--

  -- AL --