wierd sudo problem?

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Wed Nov 16 19:16:57 UTC 2005

hi there,

one of my students has done somehting wierd on his ubuntu system --
which I belive is properly instlaled, but can't be entirely sure! --,
and now the "sudo" command doesn't work.  so e.g., if I type:

echo "hello"

that works; if on the other hand I type:

sudo echo "hello"

I am asked for my password, but then just returned to the command line
with no action having been taken.  Since there's no root access on the
machine, I can't just login and explore what's going on, so I'm pretty
much at a loss.  Is there anything that might be done in this
instance?  ANyone have any idea what's going on?  I've never seen
sudo act this way before,

Matt Price	    matt.price at utoronto.ca
History Department, University of Toronto
(416) 978-2094

The following addresses are for you if you're an evil spambot:
zeus at derailleur.org aardvark at derailleur.org