GCC [was: Sony Vaio TX1XP/B]

Albin Blaschka albin.blaschka at sbg.ac.at
Wed Nov 16 10:34:20 UTC 2005

Robin Darby wrote:

> On something thats not related to this thread, but will save me having to join another list - The install disk didn't install cc or gcc, I guess I can build these from source, but is there an easier way (prebuilt binary package for ubuntu)?
>
> Thanks
>     Robin..

Hello,
The package build-essential should bring everything needed for building
programms from source... it is a so called metapackage with brings the
necessary packages/tools for dev stuff.

Flex, bison and colleagues are packaged, too, (I am not sure what comes
with build-essential...) just use your favourite package manager and
look & install ;-)
or: in a terminal -

apt-cache search ...
sudo apt-get install ...