Breezy Floppy Disk Bug

piltdown piltdownster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 19:23:03 UTC 2005

Norman Silverstone wrote:

> Do you mean mounting the floppy or what? As far as mounting is concerned
> I placed a small icon launcher in the top panel with the command
> pmount/dev/fd0 so I can mount a floppy at the touch of a button. Is that
> any help?

Thanks for your reply. I'll give that a go.

The mounting of floppies was easy in 5.04 and worked as expected, but 5.10
it's not the case. From what I've read it seems that the Ubuntu folks
aren't too concerned about floppy disks. If this is the case, it is a
shame, as the organization (training charity) I deal with rely on floppies
a great deal  - well the trainees do anyway.