Thunderbird + Antivirus

Mehdi Hassanpour mehdi.public at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 19:34:30 UTC 2005

Your right, NO worry about the viruses/worms and other malwares on linux
yet... but I would like to keep my data free from malwares

I just saw a feature in new Thunderbird 1.5RC1 for protecting mails against
viruses but I can just Tick & untick that. I don't know if this feature is
just for TB under windows or can be used under linux also, and how should I
integrate my installed AV with TB ?

any help ?

On 11/13/05, john levin <john at technolalia.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Mehdi Hassanpour wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Does any one know a solution to have pop3 emails get on ubuntu machine
> > with Thunderbird checked by an Antivirus software ?
> > I get many emails and the ISP provider does not virus check them ;(
> >

> Broadly speaking, you don't have to worry about viruses on linux.
> However, there is a GPL anti-virus scanner called 'ClamAV', installable
> from Synaptic.
>
> Not sure how well it works with Thunderbird; there is a plugin-in for
> Sylpheed-Claws email client.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> John

Yours Sincerely, Mehdi Hassanpour
http://ImPersian.com

/* Of one Essence is the human race,
Thusly has Creation put the Base;
One Limb impacted is sufficient,
For all Others to feel the Mace. ~Saadi (persian poet) -1258 */