Password-protecting files. New ubuntu feature?

Wade Smart wade at wadesmart.com
Sat Nov 12 20:53:24 UTC 2005

11122005 1447 GMT-5

Im facing some serious walls with the school. Not only does it have to
look good, it has to be fast and efficient. Windows is neither of those
but to bet them off windows I have to get both of those.

I'll have to install K Ubuntu to play with that.

Give the students separate accounts isn't really the answer here. These
arent student user machines. These are the machines in the front office,
in the admin office, where students serve as assistants. I have been
lead to believe that at least once potentially twice enough office
personnel have been out of the office and the students have been on the
machines. Its also true that the students do work for the office on the
machines. So as I understand it, they (the office) want to be able to
secure certain files and/or folders. I'm working with them the best I can.

Thanks though for your input. To pull this off I will be asking many
more questions.

Wade