Partition

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Thu Nov 10 18:01:36 UTC 2005

Can't answer about whether it is better at the beginning or the end, but
my observation is that the Apps I have seen configure disks
automagically put the swap between '/' and '/home' (where you have only
two 'user' partitions).

As for increasing the swap size....

Unless you have some free space directly after your current swap
partition for it to grow in to you will need to shrink the partition
directly before it (if you resize the one directly after it it will
shorten it at the end and you will have two separate blocks of swap
space, which Ubuntu seems to be able to support on my PC - but isn't
very elegant). You would then have to delete the current swap and
create a new one occupying the whole of the free space (Because when
you resize I don't think you can change the start block of the
partiton, just the end one.)

I reccomend you do this using gparted or qtparted from a live CD.

Good luck! Be sure to backup _everything_ you are not prepared to lose.

--
Who