Integration of Module for SiS Sound Controller needed

Rick Rocker debian_noob at web.de
Wed Nov 9 19:32:17 UTC 2005

crimsun at fungus.sh.nu schrieb am 09.11.05 20:27:13:

> On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 12:32:20PM +0100, Rick Rocker wrote:
> > 0000:00:02.7 Multimedia audio controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] Sound Controller (rev a0)
> >         Subsystem: Unknown device 1734:105e
>
> What codec is being used for the 0x105e subdevice? You should see
> information when you modprobe i810_audio and/or in GNOME's Volume
> Control.
>
> ALSA does not have support for this subdevice.
>
> > Can you tell me, please, how you can read a solution from this list
> > for my sound problem?
>
> Either support needs to be added by hardcoding your pci id into
> intel8x0.c and recompiling that ALSA driver, or you'll have to use
> OSS/Free.

Just at this time I am begging for a answer how I can exchange ALSA
with OSS.

But either
1) the devels don't want to support one more (class of) hardware or
2) no one on this earth knows how to exchange ALSA with OSS

Point 2) I cannot believe because there are people out there who made
BSD run on a toaster.

a very helpless
debian_noob