Half-way solution to "Re: Integration of Module for SiS Sound Controller needed"

Julio Biason julio.biason at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 16:01:01 UTC 2005

On 09/11/05, Rick Rocker <debian_noob at web.de> wrote:
> I think I have installed ALSA because I think that ALSA is installed in the standard
> install.
> But how does this help me as my sound doesn´t work and Kaffeine is still
> complaining. :-(

I think the problem is "esd" running and taking over the sound device.
So Kaffeine can't take the device and you have that error message. The
"Sound & Multimedia" configures the audio/video sink GStreamer uses
(and I think Kaffeine uses KDE default sound system, not GStreamer).

You can try kill esd before running Kaffeine.

--
Julio Biason <julio.biason at gmail.com>