Integration of Module for SiS Sound Controller needed

Rick Rocker debian_noob at web.de
Wed Nov 9 10:12:15 UTC 2005

crimsun at fungus.sh.nu schrieb am 09.11.05 11:00:21:

> This question is appropriate for ubuntu-users, not ubuntu-devel. I am
> forcibly hijacking it over to ubuntu-users.

I disagree.
There is something not right in the configuration (or how you call it in
Endlish) of Ubuntu. And I wanted to report it to the devs.
Everywhere yuo can read "make a bug report" and then you get
a answer "put it on *-users" :-(

> On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 09:43:06AM +0100, Rick Rocker wrote:
> [...]
> > the "dmesg|grep audio" output on Knoppix:
> > i810_audio: Codec not ready.. wait.. no response.
> > i810_audio: Audio Controller supports 6 channels.
> > i810_audio: Defaulting to base 2 channel mode.
> > i810_audio: Resetting connection 0
> > i810_audio: Primary codec not ready.
> > i810_audio: AC'97 codec 0 supports AMAP, total channels = 6
> >
> > the "dmesg|grep audio" output on Kubuntu:
> >
> > (Yes this is a empty output.)
>
> It should be empty. i810_audio is OSS/Free, not ALSA. Ubuntu doesn't
> use OSS/Free by default.
>
> [...]
> > the "lsmod" of Kubuntu:
> [...]
> > snd_intel8x0           30144  0
>
> Nothing strange here. This module is the appropriate one.

But, it doesn´t give me sound output. How can that be the right one?
Can you, please, elaborate on this?
I ask because Ubuntu is the only distro where sound doesn´t work
for me.

> So far you haven't included any information that can assist in
> diagnosing the issue. Please attach the output from:
>
> $ cat /proc/asound/cards
> $ amixer

$ cat /proc/asound/cards
--- no soundcards ---
$ amixer
amixer: Mixer attach default error: No such file or directory

your humble
debian_noob