Best VNC client for Linux(ubuntu)

Mario Splivalo mario.splivalo at mobart.hr
Wed Nov 9 10:09:53 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 09:45 +0000, Martynas Brijunas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to migrate from my Windows 2000 PC to an Ubuntu PC. On
> Windows I am used to using Ultra VNC as a VNC client to manage
> multiple servers. It gives me a nice GUI to configure, and I can
> select my servers from a dropdown list.
>
> What I found in Ubuntu so far is xvncviewer, which has to be started
> from a command prompt, and does not have any GUI.
>
> Is there any better alternative?

You have a Terminal Server Client wich can connect using both RDP or VNC
protocol.

On Windows you'd be better of with Remote Desktop (or Terminal Services,
if aplicable).

On Ubuntu, RDP-ing to Windows hosts works great (but not excellent! - I
sometimes have key-jams, or, ctrl and arrow keys won't work - I still
use vncviewer because of that). VNC is usualy slow.

You could check the FreeNX project. I played with it a bit, and it seems
to be working realy great.

	Mike
--
Mario Splivalo
Mob-Art
mario.splivalo at mobart.hr

"I can do it quick, I can do it cheap, I can do it well. Pick any two."