./configure variations

Gerhard Gaußling ggrubbish at web.de
Tue Nov 8 22:20:16 UTC 2005

Am Dienstag 08 November 2005 17:03 schrieb alex:
> es, this is why I was trying to install Prozilla-2.0-CVS-19-2005 via
> the tarball route.
aha! That is some useful Information:  Prozilla-2.0-CVS-19-2005

Often cvs sourcecode doesn't  content a ./configure script, sometimes
they offer a script caled bootstrap or similar to create the configure
script with the autotools http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Autotools .

If you're not able to build your package from cvs, try to use the most
current tarball
http://prozilla.genesys.ro/downloads/prozilla/tarballs/prozilla-2.0.1.tar.bz2,
or sign in the maillist of the program or contact the author or
maintainer of the project.
Mailing Lists:

    ProZilla Users List (General discussion & Developers)
only!]
http://prozilla.genesys.ro/?p=contact

auto-apt run ./configure is also an option, because it will try to
install lacked packages on your system.

Maybe the package uses scons for building http://www.scons.org/.

If you want to build it from cvs (not recommended) checkout the cvs
here, and use the autotools and you might use a bootstrap script.
You will need some of the following applications:
libtool aclocal autoconf autogen autoheader automake1.8 autobook
autoproject build-essential .

You can find the cvs code here (you must have cvs installed):
http://prozilla.genesys.ro/?p=cvs

You have to build the module 'libprozilla' first. module prozilla-2.0
needs building the configure script with the autotools (bootstrapscript
attached - I changed the bootstrap script from libpano to fit for
prozilla).

After bootstrap the configure script:
~$ ./configure --prefix=/usr
~$ make
~$ sudo checkinstall

launch the program with
$ proz  -V
proz. Version: 2.0.0

Otherwise grab the debian archive from the downloadpage (I recommend
stable):
http://prozilla.genesys.ro/?p=download
link debian

You might also be interested in prozgui:
sudo apt-get install libfltk1.1
then grab prozgui_2.0.5betaa-3_i386.deb from the prozilla website or
debian. Then install it:
~$ dpkg -i  --force-depends prozgui_2.0.5betaa-3_i386.deb
( --force-depends because it depends on libfltk1.1c102 (>= 1.1.6) which
is provided by libfltk1.1 on ubuntu)
~$ prozgui &
Works fine here

But, this is not recomended due to the errors you'll get from apt.

Alternative install downloader for X:
~$ apt-cache show d4x

 Downloader for X is a powerful graphical download manager.
 It supports both HTTP and FTP protocols and has nice graphical
 user interface, though some actions can also be performed using
 the command line.
 .
 Among others, its key features include proxy and SOCKS5 support,
 recursive downloading, wildcard matching, download scheduler,
 multiple download queues and more...
 .
 Homepage: http://www.krasu.ru/soft/chuchelo/

I hope that helps