Photo Galleries on Ubuntu

Alfred Vahau Alf.Vahau at upng.ac.pg
Mon Nov 7 23:55:12 UTC 2005

Hi,
The error message from install.php screen is attached.
I specified the location of convert script as /usr/local/lib/lib/bin/.
This was specified from ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/lib

The tar files were unpacked under /var/tmp/temp.

There is also another coppermine directory installed in the DocumentRoot
of Apache.
This was mainly experimental to see if the convert script can be picked
up from there.
Prior to installation under /usr/local/lib/, convert was specified under
/usr/local/apache/htdoco/cpg133/utilities/

and the same error message resulted i.e convert is located but cannot be
executed.

Alfred,

--------------
<start error message>
Warning: getimagesize(albums/userpics/im.gif): failed to open stream:
No such file or directory in
/usr/local/apache_1.3.33/htdocs/cpg133/install.php on line 106

Warning: unlink(albums/userpics/im.gif): No such file or directory in
/usr/local/apache_1.3.33/htdocs/cpg133/install.php on line 107

Welcome to Coppermine installation
The following errors were encountered and need to be corrected first:

The installer found the ImageMagick 'convert' program in
'/usr/local/lib/bin/',
however it can't be executed by the script.

You may consider using GD instead of ImageMagick.

<end error message>