Can GIMP or Krita (?) open PSD files?

Behrang Saeedzadeh behrangsa at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 19:03:49 UTC 2005

On 11/7/05, David A' Rebel <obsidion at xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> On Tuesday 08 November 2005 00:45, Behrang Saeedzadeh wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have a PSD file which is actually something I have scanned using a
> > scanner with no special layers, effects, etc. It looks like Krita and
> GIMP
> > can open it but whenever I try to open the file via either one I get an
> > error message. The size of the PSD file is about 30 megs. Does anybody
> know
> > what is probably causing this?
> > Regards,

 What is the error message, in linux the error messages are important and
> actually mean something.

 LOL! Sorry for the lack of information. The error message I get in Krita
is:
 "Could not open /home/behrangsa/a2.psd"
 In GIMP I get the following error message:
 "Opening /home/behrangsa/a2.psd failed: Plug-in could not open image"
 Any ideas?
 Cheers,
Behrang

--