Please Help, I'm begging you: new Powerbook install problem 5.10

Steve Calvin stevacon at mac.com
Sun Nov 6 18:46:47 UTC 2005

I can't get the Ubuntu intaller to recognize my cdrom. I get to the
graphical installer startup, language, location etc., but it asks for
a floppy(!) with my cdrom driver. It asks me to select a module and
then what is the /dev/cdrom address of my drive. It says no common
drive found, or something. I tried /cdrom, /dev/ptmx, /dev/cdrom-
which is the default. None work. Any ideas? Is my superdrive cd/dvd
dual layer too new or?

help, please