Pastebin script installed by default

Venkat Raghavan venkatraghavan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 08:02:19 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am a member of the Ubuntu-New Users Network
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NewUserNetwork and
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NewUserMentors ). I try to hang around in
#ubuntu on freenode, and help people answer questions.

One common scenario i see quite often (especially on upgrades to breezy)
is that their X server doesn't work. Inevitably, some one asks them to
paste their xorg.conf/xorg.log to pastebin. This of course, is
impossible for new users to do, especially if they don't have a working
X server.

My suggestion is that the pastebin script, available from
http://ubuntulinux.nl/files/pastebin be installed by default (from the
installation cd). If installed by default, users having problems can
just 'cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf | pastebin' and paste the url in the
channel.

Of course, we will have to answer questions similiar to what is pastebin
and stuff, but this is OK by me. (we get questions regarding ubotu
too :) )

Thanks,
Venkat