Solaris: The Most Advanced OS?

Will H. Backman whb at ceimaine.org
Fri Nov 4 16:20:08 UTC 2005

Advanced implies being closer to some destination.  I don't know if
everyone agrees on what that destination is.  Features or complexity is
not a sign of being advanced.

If your goal is video editing, Solaris is not as advanced as other
operating systems.

Solaris is great at what it is designed for, and Sun's moves toward open
source should be embraced.