A few questions

Lee Braiden lee_b at digitalunleashed.com
Fri Nov 4 11:45:39 UTC 2005

On Friday 04 November 2005 11:26, Behrang Saeedzadeh wrote:
> 1- The default domain name for Breezy setups is MSHOME, how can I change it
> to something else?

edit /etc/hostname
run hostname -F /etc/hostname

> 2- What's the best IDE (not Emacs or vim or suchlike editors and
> preferrably supported by Ubuntu) for writing Assembly/C/C++ and also GUI
> development? Which framework do you recommend for building GUI Linux
> applications?

That's up to you.  Personally though, I'd recommend KDevelop3, using either
KDE's own framework, or wxWidgets if you want cross-platform compatibility.
If you want to go with GNOME development, look at gnomemm and gtkmm.  I'd
also recommend checking out python and ruby.  Python is very good for rapid
development/prototyping.

> 3- My network tray icon stops flashing after a couple of hours. Then I have
> to click on it and change the connection name from eth1 to lo and back
> again, and afterwards it works again. Eth1 is for my wireless card which is
> Intel IPW2200 BG. Anybody else experiencing this problem as well? Can
> somebody confirm this as a bug?

Sorry, I don't use GNOME much.  Does sound like a bug in the applet or some
intermediate layer though.

--
Lee Braiden
http://www.DigitalUnleashed.com