Xorg Mem issues....

Charles Malespin charles.malespin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 21:59:07 UTC 2005

Hi all,
   I have been running breezy now since released and I have been
noticing slower performance on my desktop than with hoary.  Mainly after
I leave my computer on for a few days, Xorg starts eating alot of
memory. I understand the caching and that its good for breezy to use
memory, but it seems that for normal use things are really slow.  Xorg
eats like 35-40% memory.  Switching between workstations is MUCH slower
than with hoary, and this is even after I reboot and there is nothing
really running except Evolution and firefox.  Any ideas why, or tweaks I
could make?
I have:
P4 3 Ghz,  1 Gb ram, 2 Gb swap, ATI X300 video card  (anything else I
can provide to help?)
Thanks,
Charles