Sudo not working?

GDB-B&W-X.3.9 dougburton at vevayindiana.net
Thu Nov 3 02:02:12 UTC 2005

After many attempts to change my gdm.conf file to allow root logins and
auto login myself at startup, it has left me wondering why sudo did not
work.  Each and everything I would attempt to use the command on would
fail.  I finally booted up my computer under FC4 and mapped the ubuntu
partition to a location there to edit the gdm.conf file.  What are some
of the reasons why sudo would not work?  For example I tried to use it
to update my breezy setup, but that did not work.  Tried to use it in a
terminal to edit the gdm.conf file and that didn't work.  In short, it
would not work for anything I tried it on.  What gives?

Just a message from Doug...