synaptic

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Nov 2 22:01:34 UTC 2005

i'm in gb to but along the way i tried the se. repositories.

my dns issue was weird I could enter a repository in a web browser and
it would load-after much fruitless trial and error  i found that
Debian/ubuntu doesn't like auto discover dns on my router or DCHP
ethernet settings.
I have set up my isp dns ip manually and set the router to use user
discovered dns. and a static ip
system-administration-networking I configured the ethernet to use
static ip and manually entered my isp DNS.
For some reason ubuntu can't resolve the dns from the router-why i'm
not sure I reported this to bugzilla as I've had the problem with two
different make routers and the chap suggested my router was broken
which is rubbish as windows and mac work perfectly with auto discover
dns setting in router.

If this helps please report to bugzilla and hopefully they will resolve
it as I also find my location in network settings changes for no reason
to blank and if I select home again it all works again
please keep us informed on your success or not as the case may be

--
teaker1s