Default to A4 paper in OpenOffice with hp deskjet

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Nov 2 18:45:02 UTC 2005

Carlos Escutia Chávez Wrote:
> I had this same problem once. What I did to solve it, was configuring

> my printer using cups web management tool. Gnome's printer settings

> didn't help.

Apparently the CUPS web management is no longer available to us. I went
to localhost:631/admin and the password dialog came up. I tried several
times using "root" and my password, and was unable to login. I finally
hit cancel, and the message reported:

Cups Web tool Wrote:
> Administrative commands are disabled in the web interface for security
> reasons. Please use the GNOME CUPS manager (System > Administration >
> Printing).

If I'm reading this right then there's a password built in to prevent
me from accessing the web management on my computer. My next question
is how I can get around this...the password must be bypassable if not
changeable somehow.

--
DoomedTX