synaptic

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Nov 2 14:26:53 UTC 2005

either the repositories are down or synaptic can't access the net

konsole and type
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list

below are my sources and they work you could copy paste my sources and
save sources list

## Uncomment the following two lines to fetch major bug fix updates
produced
## after the final release of the distribution.
deb http://se.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ breezy-updates main restricted

deb-src http://se.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ breezy-updates main
restricted

## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from the
'universe'
## repository.
## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the
Ubuntu
## team, and may not be under a free licence. Please satisfy yourself
as to
## your rights to use the software. Also, please note that software in
## universe WILL NOT receive any review or updates from the Ubuntu
security
## team.
deb http://se.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ breezy universe main
restricted