Printing problem (cups) and dsl (pppoeconf) pb on Breezy

lo martin milest3g at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 1 15:44:29 UTC 2005

Hi,
Seeing nobody seemed to care, I did a clean install of
Breezy on another partition, that "solved" both
problems. So you might try the same. I would rather
have fixed the problem, but I guess less and less
people are thinking stability is a concern.

Well, some people will be happy. The ones that wanted
Linux to look more like Windows.

I don't know, but in my experperience Ubuntu updates
are a pain. Another problem (already noticed by lots
of ppl, and the devs are aware of it) is that scim
isn't working and "breaks" all packages (everything
takes ages to launch and often crashes). But that's
not supposed to be a "security" matter the packages
remains untouched.

I'll be cancelling my registration to this mailing
list. I had been told Ubuntu users were friendly and
helpfull, but I'm seeing too many users left alone
with their problems (and can't help them most of the
time myself) to hope these matters will receive any
answer.

--- 'Forum Post <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org>,