Outlook and Linux

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Tue Nov 1 12:43:00 UTC 2005

Brian Walker wrote:
> Just a thought - spreadheets being shared? I use both M$ and Open Office
> .... I find complete compatibility using OO 2.0. Even quite complex
> multisheet analyses are well transferrable.
>
> Not a solution to your question, just an observation

thank you.  Like I said, it's going to take a bit of forgetting before
they will try migrating to open office 2.0.  if your suggestion on the
Outlook integration works, that may make it possible for them to try
again with open office. I wish they were open to experimentation and
filing bug reports but, they're just ordinary people with no interest in
technology or political issues like open source.  It's just a job, they
get the job done with the tools they have.