Wireless Card on my Laptop

Timothy A. Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Tue Nov 1 12:07:35 UTC 2005

Hi Folks:

So far the conversion to Ubuntu on my laptop has gone pretty well,
however there have been a few bumps along the way that I will be trying
to address over the next couple weeks.  Id love to have it working right
for Christmas break.

The first (and perhaps most annoying) is the lack of wireless networking

The laptop has a Broadcom BCM4306 802.11 b/g onboard wireless nic, which
Breezy totally refuses to do anything with.  The device manager detects
that it is there, but breezy does not acknowledge it exists beyond that.

On Hoary I tried to use NDISWRAPPER, but failed for lack of decent
instructions to follow.  Is this still the preferred alternative, or is
there a better way to go?  Has NDISWRAPPER been updated for breezy, have
the instructions?

Any help / suggestions etc would be most helpful

Thanks

TIM

Timothy A. Holmes
IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher

Medina Christian Academy
A Higher Standard...

Jeremiah 33:3
Jeremiah 29:11