Beta and Stable

David Walker dave at mudsite.com
Tue Nov 1 04:03:10 UTC 2005

I am not sure if this has been on this list or not, but I just wanted to
say it to be sure.

I am wondering why Breezy was released with not stable packages as
default?  I am using openoffice 1.9.xxx instead of the, now stable 2.0.
I know that 5.10 came out before OpenOffice released 2.0, but why did it
not ship with the last stable release as the default.  If I was deciding
to run Ubuntu in a lab or something, I would be very worried that your
'stable' contained beta default packages.

Any thoughts?

--
David Walker
Computer Science House