emacs cut and paste

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Tue Nov 1 02:55:12 UTC 2005

Phillip Susi wrote:
> 'Forum Post wrote:
>
>> Try to use the middle mouse button to paste into  gnome-terminal.
>>
> Why on earth does the middle mouse button paste from one place, and
> right click -> paste uses another?  Shouldn't there be one clipboard
> that is used by all?

under the "one true click to bind them" theory?

Philip, I do agree with you that it should be consistent across the
entire platform.  Unfortunately, human factors has not been the strong
suit of those working with Linux systems (as a rule).

but we should not forget that people have given a lot of good
information and for that, I am thankful.  On the other hand, I've been
using a kitchen knife to pry between the mouse buttons on my laptop and
I haven't found a third mouse button yet but I'm going to dig until I
reach the under side of my desk.

---eric