sudo

Michael R Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Tue May 31 22:11:54 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 22:30 +0100, paul cooke wrote:
> On Monday 30 May 2005 20:44, Michael R Head wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 19:52 +0100, paul cooke wrote:
> > > correct, to give any other user the ability to sudo, you have to edit the
> > > sudoers list using the special program visudo.

<snip what I wrote before for brevity>

> ah, you're cheating by using the command line tools and specifically adding
> the admin group to the list. If you do it the gui way, like normal users will
> try with the Gnome menus, then the new user IS NOT by default a member of the
> admin group.

Well, I'm not cheating anything. I'm just pointing out that you don't
*have* to edit the sudoers file. Indeed, you can use the GUI tools to
add any user to the admin group. And of course, as you say, new users
won't automatically be an admin.

:-)

--
Michael R Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>