kcore file 1GB HD space (need help) !!

hrumland at telusplanet.net hrumland at telusplanet.net
Tue May 31 04:17:23 UTC 2005

Hi everyone,
I have discovered recently that I have a kcore file on Kubuntu with a file
size of 1 GB in my /proc file system. I realized that for a while the
harddrive was constantly writing and that the harddrive space decreased
rapidly. This happend also in UBUNTU once resulting in filling up the
harddrive space to 95% with bad results. Now I need to know how I can delete
this file from the proc file system and how I can make sure that this is not
any more happen as this is the result of a crash core dump ????

Can anybody help ??

Thanks in advanced

Holger