How To Install Xine and XMMS multimedia ??

John Conover conover at rahul.net
Tue May 31 02:43:28 UTC 2005

Pungky Jordan writes:

> I am from Indonesia, and I was a rookies using UBUNTU Linux...
> I have a problem to install Xine and XMMS for multimedia using ubuntu.
> I can not play a file that using .mp3 .wma .mpeg .avi.....
> from yours experience, can you help me guys......please
> thank you before

Pungky, I just installed xine on my machine. Here is what I
did in a Root Terminal window:

    apt-get install libxine1

Then go to http://packages.ubuntu.com/hoary/graphics/xine-ui, and
click on i386 near the bottom of the page, and download
xine-ui_0.99.3-1ubuntu1_i386.deb

Then:

    dpkg -i xine-ui_0.99.3-1ubuntu1_i386.deb

to install it and see if it works by typing "xine".

   John

--

John Conover, conover at rahul.net, http://www.johncon.com/