Kernel Images

garnertr ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Tue May 31 02:22:28 UTC 2005

Greetings,

I've had the best luck w/ i386 format, for some odd reason, I could
NEVER get i686 for my Pentium 4 to run right.  That also included
running under Fedora Core (3) and several other linux distributions.

I've had no problems w/ i386.  However, if you choose to run i686, make
sure that you  pay attention to your installation and notice your setups
for what services run, for some odd reason under my laptop setup, it
always attempted to load services that took forever for me (a linux
dweeb) to disable.

Just a thought...

--
garnertr