2nd HD with Windows

Brian Astill bastill at adam.com.au
Mon May 30 22:59:17 UTC 2005

On Mon, 30 May 2005 11:37 pm, Nathan Blackham wrote:
> There is a trick to getting windows to boot though.  I posted it to
> the list a while back, but here it is again.   This trick will make
> windows think it is that master when it it not:

Ah-Ha!  Thought there must be something strange going on!  :-)
Thanks for the tip and explanation.

I guess THE use is the circumstance where you have a linux box and wish to add
Windoze on a second drive.  Could your tip be used to point Windows to a
partition?
Something like:
title           Windows XP
root            (hd0,3)
makeactive
chainloader +1

I have a horrible feeling this would fail - and how would you _install_
Windoze on partition 3 in the first place?  Maybe forget this whole idea  :-)

--
Regards,
Brian