ATi graphics cards

Daniel Silverstone dsilvers at digital-scurf.org
Mon May 30 16:29:50 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 18:18 +0200, Michael Nowag wrote:
> On Mon, 30 May 2005 17:43:44 +0200, Norman Silverstone
> <norman at littletank.org> wrote:
> > Having got myself completely bemused looking at lists of graphics cards
> > I have decided upon the following:- "Sapphire ATI Radeon 9200SE 128MB
> > AGP TV-out DVI". Please has anyone got anything good or otherwise to say
> > about this card and its suitability for Hoary.
> standard ATI Card...will work (eventually) like all the other models :)

The "eventually" is the bit which worries me.

ATi cards use a non-free driver don't they? I'd be concerned about using
one but I guess someone else might have something positive to say.

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                         http://www.digital-scurf.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 2BC8 4016 2068 7895