OT? 1 HD w/ Windoze and Ubuntu partitioning

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Mon May 30 16:27:03 UTC 2005

amigian wrote:

> I have one harddrive (160GB) with the main partition being windoze
> (yeah, i know) and the other for Ubuntu. I want to make the transition
> solely to Ubuntu as i become more comfortable with it. When i am ready
> to only have Ubuntu on my HD what will be the best way to do this? One
> thing to keep in mind is that i will be running windoze (because i
> have to) via VMWare.

I don't know why you haven't had another reply to this but...

Running under vmware is much slower than running a windows install, can
you run the software with wine - much faster?

You can't resize ext2 / 3 partitions so migrating your whole system to
Linux can be a pain, and involves copying large amounts of stuff into
new partitions and then deleting the old ones. (or reinstalling)

Duncan