Pan Newsreader

Todd Slater dontodd at columbus.rr.com
Mon May 30 12:58:39 UTC 2005

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 05:31:13AM -0400, hanzj wrote:

> How can we download multi-part binaries using Pan? And not just
> download, of course, but "stitch up" the several parts into one whole
> complete file for viewing...

It does it automagically for me--click the header and a dialog pops up
to save it. Highlight multiple headers, right-click and "Save attachment".

That's assuming you've got a complete post/file (i.e. none of the parts
are missing on your news server).

If you mean combining parts of a file split with rar or hjsplit, then
you'll need unrar or lxsplit.

For rar it'd be "unrar e part01.rar". I don't have lxsplit here, but I
think it's something like "lxsplit -j part1.001".

HTH,
Todd