Creating a NAT with one eth interface

Luis Murillo lmurillo at gmx.net
Sun May 29 22:40:17 UTC 2005

OK, now this is wierd, I can't get it to work :S
I have tried what has been mentioned on this list, I even rebooted the
machine, switched the IP address and still can't get out.
I have also been trying with different scripts and similar stuff I have
read on the Internet, I even installed Firestarter (which I think it's
even better than before :) )

So if anyone can give me a script or something similar I think this is
going nowhere :(

I even enabled ip_forward on IPv6, even though I don't use it atm :|

I have enabled all traffic from anywhere and executed the commands and
nothing.

On Sun, 2005-05-29 at 20:28 +0200, Wander Boessenkool wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-05-29 at 12:17 -0600, Luis Murillo wrote:
[...]
> The forwarding will not become active until:
> 1) you reboot (but hey's this is unix, we don't need no reboots) OR
> 2) you do 'sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart' OR
> 3) you do 'sudo echo 1 > /proc/sys/network/ipv4/ip_forward'
[...]
--
Luis Murillo M.
lmurillo at gmx.net
Heredia, Costa Rica

GPG KeyID: D66B35FD
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys D66B35FD