Is Linux a desktop operating system?

Paul M. Bucalo ubuntuser at pmbservices.com
Sun May 29 11:24:08 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-28 at 23:40 -0700, Kreg Schlosser wrote:
> Hey, Its cool...

Wonderful!

> I wasnt in the best of moods when I replied to you either.

Been there, done that, way too many times.

> You speek of American culture and language, but along with that comes
> American idiocy, stuborness and missunderstanding. (I am American just
> so you know)

Yes, Americans can really be all of the bad things you mention. I
suppose, I try to take some solace in knowing that others around the
world can also be just that way, too.

> The biggest problem with the internet is the informalness, which tend
> to lead to missunderstanding, especially when alot of forums are full
> of "trolls" and flame wars.

Agreed.

>  The American language being as dirty as it
> is has to many meanings for the same words, and with out hearing
> things like tone of voice and seeing facial and bodly expressions you
> can only interpet things in your own mind. And online, being used to
> alot of jerks, I guess my mind tends to default to "jerk".

Unfortunately true, and becoming more so as more people come on-line
over time.

> Like you I also like a hardy discussion and debate. Maybe we(everyone
> in general)  just need to think before we say things.
> :)

My mistake was assuming that my intent would carry through to the
screen. It didn't. It doesn't hurt me to be reminded to think twice
before typing what I wish to say.

> I do commend you on the reply though, it shows you alot more
> thoughtful and mature then a large majority of the people I have
> encountered on the internet.

Now you are flattering me. :0) Thoughtfulness is a natural part of who I
am, I guess. Maturity? Hmmm....that's like success: it takes a lifetime
to achieve it and one never seems to have enough of it along the way.
I'm sure I still need a bit of work on that one. :0)

Glad we got past this. Thanks for replying.

Paul