Mythtv in Ubuntu's future?

cochrate ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sun May 29 07:09:21 UTC 2005

I need help...I can't get this thing installed on my computer and I'm
pulling my hair out. This is the #1 reason why evil Bill Gates'
Microsoft will continue to rule the world, because of the simple fact
that Linux software installation is a pain in the ass...

Here's my problem: trying

#APT-GET INSTALL MYTHTV
Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree... Done

or been moved out of Incoming.

Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely
that

that package should be filed.

mythtv: Depends: mythtv-frontend (= 0.18-1) but it is not going to be
installed

Depends: mythtv-backend (= 0.18-1) but it is not going to be
installed

E: Broken packages

THEN I TRY THIS:

# APT-GET INSTALL MYTHTV-FRONTEND
Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree... Done

or been moved out of Incoming.

Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely
that

that package should be filed.

mythtv-frontend: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-21) but
2.3.2.ds1-20ubuntu13 is to be installed

Depends: libmyth-0.18 but it is not going to be
installed

Depends: libqt3c102-mt (>= 3:3.3.4) but
3:3.3.3-7ubuntu3 is to be installed

E: Broken packages

HERE IS MY /ETC/APT/SOURCES.LIST FILE:

deb cdrom:[Ubuntu 5.04 _Hoary Hedgehog_ - Release i386 (20050407)]/
hoary main restricted

deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary main restricted

deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary main restricted

## Major bug fix updates produced after the final release of the

## distribution.

deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-updates main restricted
universe

deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-updates main
restricted universe

## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from the
'universe'

## repository.

## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the
Ubuntu

## team, and may not be under a free licence. Please satisfy yourself
as to

## your rights to use the software. Also, please note that software in

## universe WILL NOT receive any review or updates from the Ubuntu
security

## team.

deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary universe

deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary universe

deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-security main restricted

deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-security main
restricted

deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-security universe

deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-security universe

deb http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian unstable mythtv

deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main

deb http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian unstable mythtv

#deb http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian woody lame

#deb http://cedar-solutions.com/ftp/debian stable main

I need the help...I can't figure this out and I'm a really frustrated
Linux newbie.

--
cochrate