Pine in Hoary

Michael R Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Sat May 28 22:05:35 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-28 at 16:49 -0400, ensenadaubuntulover wrote:
> it does work but...
>

> if you open a new shell the export thing dissapears and it has to be
> done again, so my question now is
>
> should I make a .muttrc file manualy and then write the instruction in
> it?

Just to point out, if you add 'export EDITOR=vi' to your .bashrc, then
any time a shell program fires up an editor, it'll be vi.

Another option is to do:
$ sudo update-alternatives --config editor

and select your favorite editor. This will set the default system editor
to be your favorite.

mike

--
Michael R Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>