installing ubuntu without bootable CD rom drive

Rich Duzenbury rduz-ubuntu at theduz.com
Sat May 28 20:19:30 UTC 2005

> I'm having problems with loadlin too. How can I start network install
> with loadlin?

See:
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=28948

The main idea is to pull down a copy of the linux and initrd.gz files
from the netboot section of the ubuntu archive onto a c:\boot\ directory

I created a windows boot floppy that also contained the loadlin
executable, and booted it.

Then I used this command to start it:

a:\loadlin c:\boot\linux initrd=c:\boot\initrd.gz root=/dev/rd/0
vga=normal ramdisk_size=14972 rw --

Note that it references the linux and initrd.gz files that I downloaded
via the instructions linked above.

Regards,
Rich

--